Friday, June 8, 2012

Watch where you're tossing that thing!

I was making myself a pizza for lunch this afternoon.

I wasn't really into it. Halfheartedly I pulled an onion from the fridge, an open pack of canadian bacon, jar of pasta sauce, some cheese...

I sprayed the pan and put the frozen gluten-free crust on top. I slopped a spoonful of sauce on, only to realize I had the pizza crust side up. Too late now.

Sighing, I chopped two slices of the bacon into wedges. I ate one piece and tossed another over my shoulder to my antsy dog.

After arranging the bacon just so on the upside-down pizza, I started in on the onion.

As I went to put the slices on the pizza, I noticed my dog dancing around kind of strangely.

The canadian bacon had landed with a slap! right in the middle of his very long dog back.

He danced to the left, then to the right, trying desperately to reach the slice of heaven sitting mere centimeters from his nose.

I did what any good mom would do - I grabbed my camera and started shooting video.

"Aww, come here boy," I implored. "Let Momma help..."

He saw my outstretched hand as an invader trying to snatch his coveted prize. His nails skittered across the floor as he took off, out of reach.

After three minutes of video, I went back to finishing my pizza and left the dog to his own devices. A few moments later, he scampered into the kitchen looking for another piece of canadian bacon.

"What'd you do with the one on your back?" I asked him.

He didn't answer, instead begging for another piece, undaunted by his recent ordeal.

"Here you go," I said, bending down to hand him the last piece.

His tiny jaws opened wide and transformed into the maw of an angry alligator.

Next time, I think I'll go back to the slice-n-toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment