Saturday, December 19, 2009

No witnesses

Maybe it's good that I work on the weekends - two less days in the week that people are around to see me do something stupid.

I come into work this morning and unbundle, draping my parka across the back of my chair and boot up my computer. I take off my gloves, lay them beside my scanner, take my cell phone out of my pocket and set it on my desk, and set my purse on my coworker's empty desk.

I sat down to get to work. I typed in my password, and the large wallpaper picture of Susie Q, my parent's doxie, stared back at me. I moved my mouse to the program I need to open.

Nothing.

I move the mouse again. Still nothing.

What the. Just what I need. No IT people here to help, and work backing up on me already...

I tried one more time, my hand moving the mouse in broad, frustrated swipes. The mouse knocked into a stack of books next to my computer.

The obstruction made me realize that the mouse didn't feel right in my hand. I looked down.

In my hand was not my mouse, but rather my cell phone.

1 comment: