Thursday, September 8, 2011

Scrapbooking - Favorite color combination

I'll start any scrapbooking post with "Scrapbooking - ___" so that if you happen to be reading my blog and happen to find scrapbooking to be about as interesting as watching mold grow, you can skip to a different posting that is more to your liking :)

I've been entering scrap contests lately. Not something I usually do, but it's good motivation. If the contest rules call for "use your favorite 2 colors from the Close to My Heart catalog," I mentally go through the projects I've got backlogged, pick which one would be amenable to __, and then do it, thanks to the added incentive of...I'm not quite sure why an online contest is incentive for me. I guess no one can ever have enough bragging rights. Plus, sometimes there's a small prize package of more stamps or something. Just what I need : )))) Stamps and Jell-o...there's always room.

Anyway, here's my entry to a Close to my Heart H2H contest.

The colors used are Crystal Blue with Grey Wool. (First time I typed that sentence it came out "Crystal Meth with Grey Wool." Yay for crazy word associations.) I painted the rabbit with the coordinating watercolor pencils(I forgot what the stamp set is called. It was March, or April's? stamp of the month). There's some sparkly iridescense on the rabbit, which my less-than-superior photography skills failed to pick up. But I dig the color combo, despite the nontraditional cool-cool pairing.
Contest(s) entered: H2H.
Colors used: Crystal Blue, Grey Wool.
Stamp set: SOTM. Beats the honk out of me : ) and Bohemian alphabet.
Regular blog post to follow! : )

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! I think the Bohemian Alphabet is my favortie alpha set. :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! This is a lovely color combo. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete