Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Well, I'll be go to heck.

I figured I should post more on my blog than just scrap projects because I am slipping quickly down a slope where I trust my creativity more than I do my words. I hadn't even seen that I had a couple of awesome comments from my cards posting! Wow. That made my day. Just when I thought I had gotten used to disappointment - in my health, in my achievements, in myself - all it took was a nice word from my dad, my friend, and a complete stranger to bring me back to the typewriter. This is not a typewriter....KEYBOARD. Regarding writing and other literary pursuits, Mark Twain said, "Use the right word, not its second cousin." I'm stuck in this intellectual state of being my own second cousin.

My phone is ringing. Is it weird that I don't answer my phone? I answer my cell phone, but my landline I use specifically for telemarketers. But that's beside the point. When are individuals in society going to get tired of it being demanded of them that they be available, ready, and willing to interact at all times? Even in the Victorian era, people had set days of the week to go calling. I don't know - I guess it's communication fatigue.

I stopped taking the newspaper. It was a decision made mostly out of financial ruin (mine, not the paper's). After growing up with it being a mainstay on our family's kitchen table, and ordering my own subscription while away at college, later to transfer the subscription to the only thing still going well in my life that I haven't flatout lost - my home - I don't miss the news! I don't. There is much to be said for being an informed participant in society. Likewise, there's much to be said for taking a step back and just Being.

No comments:

Post a Comment