Monday, January 30, 2012

Green-bean Lothario

I was sitting around the dinner table with my parents. Mom and I are terrible and sneak our matching miniature dachshunds treats from the table, much to my father's chagrin.

"Why the hell do you think they beg and make such pests of themselves? If you would stop feeding them..." (insert head shake here) "Geez."

At the end of dinner, a few stray green beans littered our plates. Mom slipped one to her doxie, Susie Q.

I took one for Truman. Instead of handing it to him, I put it between my lips and leaned down.

"Oh my God," Mom said. "He's going to rip your face off!"

Instead, my little man wiggled his lips as he shoogled closer to me. Ever so gently, he took the green bean from between my lips.

I sat up, a triumphant smile on my face. "See? He took it with the utmost politeness." I thought for a moment.

"That was the first kiss I've had in 4 years."

Mom looked at me. "What do you mean? It couldn't have been that long. When were you dating Michael?"

"Summer of '08," I said.

She raised her eyebrows. "Wow. That is a long time."

And thus ended another normal dinner with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment