Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Trying to look on the bright side...

So I just had my very first annual review at my job. I got dinged a little for being kind of negative. Of course, what they saw as being negative, I saw as being truthful, but I suppose that's beside the point.

I guess I am a little negative. For example, I have already gone on two more first-and-last dates this month. For the life of me, I don't understand why acting nervously hyper, as if I'm a meth addict, is such an immediate turn-off for guys.

My appearance isn't what I would like it to be - Jennifer Garner, without taking any extra time in the mornings for makeup and whatnot.

I'm worried that my books won't do jack crap this August, and I'll be left with 400 pages of manuscript, many hours of work, and no validation to show for it.

I want cake. This weekend, being both father's day and my mom's birthday, served as a double-whammy to my inability to eat regular flours.

But here I am, turning over a new leaf:

1) It's okay that I can't get a second date! I might be expected to pay for that one. Saves time, saves money!

2) It's okay that my appearance is so-so...this red zit on the end of my nose is actually kind of nice. Reminds me that there's only 6 more months until Christmas! Yay!

3) It's okay that my books might not get sold. (I'm hesitating here, trying to think of a reason why it might be okay.) Oh! I've got one!...false alarm.

4) There's always gluten-free cookie dough. And it's so darned expensive, it acts as built-in portion control.

This positivity is tiring me out. Kind of like how lying is tiresome. The truth may be ugly, and it may seem negative, but I find I don't usually have to look for truth - when I can't find it, that usually means I'm looking around it, or right through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment