Friday, April 24, 2009

And then there were 6!

I am so super excited! I have six followers! And only one of them HAS to like me (my dad, Doug) : ))) How cool.

Cool, I am not. There is a (very married) physical therapist where I work. I swear he only talks to me because it's funny to see my face turn thirteen shades of red.

I did my thesis oral presentation yesterday. As I'm sitting through everyone else's theses, trying to stay awake, I notice my suit jacket does not match my pants. My suit jacket was dark brown with pink stripes. My pants were tan. Everyone had their thesis on the conference table in front of them, neatly bound by an alligator clip. Mine was in a messy pile of papers with rolled edges and scribbles everywhere. My hair is that particular length where it flips out - but only on the right side. It's like my head is perpetually caught in an eastward-blowing windstorm. Provided I am facing north. If I was facing south, then the windstorm would be...crap. I'm not going to try to figure that out. I'm almost done with school! No more thinking! Yay! : )))

Maybe that is why we hate high school so much - that is where we first really come to terms with our uncoolness, and the petrifying thought that perhaps the uncoolness is not fleeting, regardless of what our mothers tell us.

In an effort to be more cool, I cleaned the used Kleenexes off of my desk at work. I wonder if hot physical therapist guy noticed.

2 comments:

  1. Well...How did the thesis presentation go? I bet you did great!

    And I can totally relate to that "particular hair length" you mention...I have one side that wants to flip outward as well. Curling irons and hair spray are no match for the determined flip. If BOTH sides did it, it may be cute, but no...(OK, rambling. Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you become a mom, the first two years you're lucky to wash your hair every day. I envy your hair flip!

    Bleh. I hated high school too.

    ReplyDelete