Thursday, April 9, 2009

Optical Illusions

Funny story. So for the past year or so, every time I look in my car's rearview mirror, it looks like there's something hanging out of my nose. And of course, I look after I'm done with a first-and-last date, or work, or grocery shopping when the exceptionally good looking clerk decides to chat me up.

I load my groceries, and slide behind the wheel. I turn the ignition, and look into the rearview mirror. And I see it.

"Dang! What is with my nose!" I bark at my steering wheel.

The other day, I get in my car after work. I look into the mirror to back out. It's back. I reach up to my nostril. Nope, nothing. I look in the mirror again. Wait a sec...

I reach up to the rearview mirror. There is a scratch dead-even with where my nostril appears when I'm sitting in the driver's seat.

Oh well. I may have blamed a lot of last dates on a hanger that wasn't really there, but at least the mystery is now solved.

1 comment:

  1. ROFL!! Thx for the giggle! I needed it. Keep writing, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete