Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Powers of Observation Leave Much to be Desired

I'm sitting at work today. It's about 2 p.m. I feel something in my sweater. I reach up to my armpit.

Yep, there's definitely a foreign object in my armpit.

I discreetly remove it. Well, as discreetly as one can be, sitting in a cubicle with four other people and your arm is reaching under your shirt to retrieve something...

It was a wadded-up dryer sheet.

At first I was relieved - it wasn't a dead rodent or a coiled up snake. (I have a bizarre fear of snakes, spiders, and rodents finding their way into my clothing or bedding.)

But now I'm just worried. Who makes it almost an entire day at work with a wad of dryer sheet stuck in their armpit, not noticing it until a painful rash starts to form once the chemicals leech into their skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment