Sunday, May 31, 2009

Leg--o-land

Tomorrow is my left knee's third surgery. I am actually looking forward to it. My doctor is a bit...conservative to respond to the fact that my knee joint is dying and the bones are crumbling into themselves, kind of like that one time I made pizza and forgot it was in the oven and it was like those charcoal snake pellets you buy on the Fourth of July and light on fire and they expand into a snake that crushes into powder. Like that.

I'm also kind of looking forward to it because it's a week off of work, and relatively speaking, not too uncomfortable. Not like a knee replacement, which I am fairly sure will be surgery number 4. Oddly enough, what I dislike most about joint replacement surgeries is that they shave your leg or wherever WHILE YOU'RE AWAKE, and you usually wake up with a Foley catheter to drain your pee. That's all well and good, but it's not real fun when they take it out. So what would I prefer, not having one in at all? My last joint replacement, that is exactly what happened - and I was in too much pain to want to get up to go to the bathroom as often as a constant IV drip of fluids necessitated. Bedpans aren't real fun either. I'm never happy, am I!

I've got my book that I'm working on, a ton of paperbacks from friends, and my dad hooked a DVD player up to the TV in my room. I'm all stocked up on gluten-free food so mom won't have to cook anything weird for me. I shaved my OWN knee very, very well this morning, so I am good to go! I just hope that the furry fuzzybutts that I let live with me show some restraint when jumping all over me in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well for you tomorrow, we will be thinking of you!

    I hate catheters too. :P

    ReplyDelete