Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wear blue at your own risk.

Mom and I went to Walmart yesterday. Mom had something to return, so she checked the product in with the greeter by the door. I crossed the entryway and got us two carts.

I stood with the carts, wearing my navy blue windbreaker.

A moment later, a woman approached, took one of the carts out of my hand and thanked me.

I watched her walk away with my cart, unsure of what just happened. I looked over to Mom.

She saw the whole thing, and was bent double with laughter.

"What the...?"

"She thought..."she gasped for breath. "She thought you were a greeter."

I was mortified. It's bad enough that I have a masters and am employed in a position where it says plainly in the job description "high school diploma required."

Later, in the soup aisle, I hear a voice behind me.

"Excuse me. Excuse me, miss? Do you work here?"

I turned around and snapped, "No, I don't work here. Other people are allowed to wear navy blue, you know."

He looked at me funny. He pointed to the woman in front of me, wearing the blue polo shirt with the Walmart label on the chest.

Whoops. Oh well. At least no one asked me where the can openers were.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!! Thank you for this story Katie. I needed a giggle today

    ReplyDelete